Community Information Outreach Projects
The National Library of Medicine® (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of proposals from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
- Information Retrieval
- Skills Development
- Resource Development and Dissemination
- PrEP Navigator Resource Development and Dissemination
- Equipment Acquisition
- Community-based organizations (CBO) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS- related services to the affected community. This encompasses both individual groups wishing to enhance their own services, as well as several cooperating for the purpose of this project;
- Public Libraries wishing to serve their communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources;
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve the public health in the area of HIV/AIDS-related services;
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services to the affected community and/or
- Multi-type consortia of the above listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project. At least one of the organizations managing the project must be a community-based organization, library or department of public health.