HIV/AIDS Information Resources from NLM: E-learning Training Course
The treatment and management of HIV/AIDS continues to evolve with new scientific breakthroughs, treatment discoveries, and management challenges. People living with HIV/AIDS and those who care for them need to stay current on the latest information on HIV/AIDS screening, testing, prevention, treatment, and research. The National Library of Medicine (NLM) has a wealth of health information resources freely available on the Internet to address the need for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the management of HIV and AIDS. This includes information on clinical trials, HIV/AIDS drugs, treatment guidelines, and medical literature.
This self-paced course provides a comprehensive overview, interactive tour and guided practice to help you become familiar with searching for HIV/AIDS information from NLM and other trusted and reliable sources.
After completing this course, you will be able to identify high quality, accurate, and authoritative online resources pertaining to information on HIV/AIDS and related medical conditions. You will be able to perform strategic search techniques to find HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention information, and you will be able to apply what you learn to your organization's culture.
How to Enroll in the Course
Register and complete the course through the NLM Learning Center.
Go to the NLM Learning Center registration page for the desired course:
- Nurse Practitioners and Nurses
- Other HCP
- Certificate of Completion/No credit required
For participants who have previously registered for a free NLM Learning Center account:
- Log-in using your existing account
- Click Enroll when prompted
For participants without a current NLM Learning Center account:
- Click Register Now.
- Complete all fields, selecting National Library of Medicine as the partition.
- Click Register Account at the bottom right of the page.
- Re-sign into the system and click Enroll.
This course provides continuing education credits (CE) through the following:
- Certificates of completion are available after completion of course.
- Medical Library Association (MLA) offers 1 CE contact hour.
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. designed for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) offers up to 1.0 total Category 1 CE contact hour.
- This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM and is designated for ANCC contact hours
Course Materials and Resources
HIV/AIDS Information Resources from the National Library of Medicine
This workbook provides information and practice exercises using NLMs HIV/AIDS databases and related resources.
Recursos de información de la Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina sobre la infección por el VIH/SIDA
This workbook provides information and practice exercises using NLMs HIV/AIDS databases and related resources in Spanish.
NLM HIV/AIDS Web Resources Handout
This handout provides a list of NLM HIV/AIDS online resources.